Tuesday, November 25

Church Happenings

My church is doing about a 5 week series or so about sex. I haven't been to any of the services since we started, but I checked up on the church's website and saw this. Is it sad that my only response was to go and eat an apple?

I went to Austin Stone Church last weekend for the first time, which is what I assume is Austin's closest thing to A&M's Breakaway Ministries. The church has to be huge. There are four services and though I''m fairly certain that the majority of college students does in fact attend the 7 pm service, it was still overwhelming to see so many students gathered in Austin for worship. There were probably 400, and possibly 500 there. I arrived 10 minutes late to Austin High School and found the gymnasium already packed, and practically had to sit on the back row, which I did. I like the church and may try to get involved. For now, it's just my temporary church when Echo is out talking about intercourse.

And I'm just remembering now that I was originally going to start writing this silly blog to help organize my thoughts and questions about scriptures. I may start doing that again. We're now reading the Bhagavad Gita, which really could be read entirely in about 2 hours.

No comments: