Friday, October 24

Results of a WWF-watching childhood

I'm starting to run out of ideas on how to waste time on the way to classes now. I've never had trouble entertaining my idle mind until now. I think it's the combination of needing to use the games in several near-useless classes as well.
For the past few days, I've introduced a new time- and thought-consuming exercise, playing "Could I beat that guy up?" with every male I pass on long walks to class. For the most part, the answer comes back "no." There are a lot of kids that I know I could hold my own against, but then others that I know could stomp my head into the concrete. The only people I seem to win against in my mental match-ups are the nerdy kids that are even smaller than me and the doughy Asians -they just look like they lack the killer instinct to take me down. Also often included on the beat-uppable list were many of the artsy liberal types. Sure they're opinionated and sometimes even violently so, but I have serious doubts as to their real combative abilities.
It's quite a fun game to play and I would encourage everyone to try it in extreme boredom. Just picture altering your steps a tad and veering straight in front of your innocent opponent, bowing up, and sucker-punching them. Not really. That'd make it too easy. You've got to make it official with a glove-slap or a shove if you want real statistics. Now, go out and make mental war!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"doughy Asians"

Anonymous said...

Good idea! I'm going to do that now.